Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Recommend a viewer

  1. #1
    Dominic3
    Guest Dominic3's Avatar

    Post

    My Bolex Duo editor/ viewer has just about ended it's days on this earth, can anyone recommend a decent replacement ? ( Duo Reg8/sup8 preferred).



    [This message has been edited by Dominic3 (edited October 29, 2001).]

  2. #2
    MikeBrantley
    Guest MikeBrantley's Avatar

    Post

    I recently acquired an Elmo 912 dual editor. So far I have only run Super 8 through it, but it is nice and doesn't scratch the film. Haven't tried any Reg. 8 yet, although I have some old footage to test. I see how to change the aperture for Reg. 8, but I don't see how to change the sprockets. Maybe it's obvious, and I'm a dummy -- or maybe something is missing from my unit.

    Goko units also are quite nice, though I've never owned a dual one.

    ------------------
    --Mike Brantley

  3. #3
    Dominic3
    Guest Dominic3's Avatar

    Post

    Thanks guys. Actually, I was about to look at an Elmo 912 in the next 2 days, I will also check out a Goko I have seen advertised on the web.

    I am not in a good mood right now, I have just been "sniped" again on Ebay with 5 seconds to spare - (the third separate time bidding for a Beaulieu MR8!).

    I know, I know, it can only be my fault but
    I am sure these guys have got software,
    I bid a high final price and still lost!

    ------------------

  4. #4
    chas_ucla
    Guest chas_ucla's Avatar

    Post

    I don't have it but the Elmo 912 dual is always recommended.

    I can tell you what to stay FAR AWAY FROM:

    Anything made by SEARS.

    The damn motorized viewer scratched the hell out of my beautiful print.

    ------------------

  5. #5
    crimsonson
    Guest crimsonson's Avatar

    Post

    Easy Goko 3003 or higher

    Dual, motorized, easy to load and does not scratch.

    I have the 3003.



    ------------------

  6. #6
    dsavetsky
    Guest dsavetsky's Avatar

    Post

    i have an elmo 912 dual 8 with xtra bulb and 3 accessories: sound reader ,footage counter and film cleaner in excellent condition $195 plus shipping & insurance
    david



    ------------------
    ds

  7. #7
    Konton
    Guest Konton's Avatar

    Post

    I recommend using a Goko TC-20, a good video camera, and an old monitor. I hate those old viewers. I can never see anything, even in an already dark room.

    ------------------

  8. #8
    MikeBrantley
    Guest MikeBrantley's Avatar

    Post

    David,

    Do you know if it's necessary with the 912 to somehow change the sprocket when switching from Super 8 to Regular 8 footage? Is there an adjustment somewhere, or am I missing the obvious on my unit? I see how to change the aperture, but not the sprocket.

    Thanks, and good luck selling your unit.


    ------------------
    --Mike Brantley

  9. #9
    Nigel
    Guest Nigel's Avatar

    Post

    Minette S-5 by far the best viewer ever made by human beings. They go for about 250 bucks. Good Luck

    ------------------

  10. #10
    Dominic3
    Guest Dominic3's Avatar

    Post

    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Nigel:
    "Minette S-5 by far the best viewer ever made by human beings."

    Thanks Nigel, but I was really looking for an editor made by Aliens......


    Just kidding - Thanks, I will keep an eye out for one.


    [This message has been edited by Dominic3 (edited November 02, 2001).]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •